Friday, May 15, 2015

Heavy Frontload

   Preface. Do I need one? Not sure. The author's note and the first chapter seem to be enough. I think I'll call it...

   Done. Well, sort of.

   I've constructed a mini novel that ties the stories of my chapters together. I don't think it will end up in the book itself. Is it too heavy? I don't think it is. Sure, there's death, destruction, a psychopath, a monster, weird science, and even Georgie...

   O.K. It might be a little heavy. I'll leave it out. Stick it in a drawer and forget about it. Maybe it can be a bonus short story about the book after it becomes a best seller. Why did I write something that I'll never include? I'm looking at this as a pilot episode for the rest of the book's serialized chapters. That what it is, after all; a season of TV shows with no boundaries and no censors.

   I've even got a cliffhanger.

   I don't have a second book, but I've got a cliffhanger! Christ, this'll never sell.

   Well, all I can do is get through the edit process and hope for the best.

- I.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment